Monday, July 16, 2012

Simplicity

"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass..."

Now that Matt and I are Primary teachers, the word simplicity has come to my mind often as I prepare the lessons. Simplicity implies beauty, clarity, purity, and truth. That is how I see many things, especially the gospel. It has been great to teach these 9 year olds the simple truths, principles, and stories of the gospel. My testimony is simple, but strong. The sometimes confusing scriptures can be explained in a simple way. The gospel is simple, true, and right. The more complicated things are doesn't mean they are anymore right than the simple things. I typed in "simple" into lds.org and some of the related topics were service, faith, love, and obedience. Those things can be simple and we must work on all those principles and maybe try thinking about them in a simple way.

Then I started thinking about my life and the simplicity of it. I have my routine each day. I get done what I need to and do things that I want to do. I have friends that may look at my life and think I am wasting my time, but I like the simplicity and time I have for me each day. I know that won't last forever, so for now I am taking advantage of the simplicity of things in my life and doing what I like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment