Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be Mine

Valentine's Day has never been my favorite holiday. I am not a super mushy lovely dovey kind of girl, I don't love chocolate, and I don't need a day of love to know that I am loved. But it has become a significant day and I have a very sentimental and thoughtful husband, so I am trying to make Valentine's Day more meaningful. Thanks to the super cute post from my SIL Whitney about her love story, I decided to share our quick, but perfect love story too. Thanks for the idea Whit!

February 14th, 2011: First date. Dinner at Maglebys Fresh (every restaurant in Utah County was booked for hours on end). Bowling at Provo Beach Resort. Dropped off early and I thought the night was over. 20 minutes later: knock on my door with Matt standing there with flowers. Said thanks, he left, I shut the door, and had a mild freak out.
Next few weeks: Occasional lunch dates. Didn't quite know what to think, but was enjoying my time.
March 16th, 2011: First kiss. Baking a cake for our friend's birthday party. Magic happens in the kitchen.
Everyday after that: saw each other every day. He was smitten, I was still enjoying my time and really liked being with him.

End of April 2011: I went to Arizona for a week. Talked everyday. Missed each other. It was there that I realized there was something different about this guy.
May 28th, 2011: Got engaged in Naperville. Perfect and personal proposal.
September 1st, 2011: Best. Day. Ever. Sealed in the Salt Lake Temple for time and all eternity.
From then on, life has been pure bliss even through stressful times. I love being married to my best friend. We have learned a lot and grown closer each day. So grateful I get to have him by my side every single day. And now we are adding our little guy to our family and I can't wait to see Matt become a father. I know he will be the best!

Happy Love Day.

i love you- my two valentines!


No comments:

Post a Comment