Monday, December 1, 2014

eighteen months.

My baby is a toddler now although I still think he is my baby. There is no way I can recap 6 months, but there are a few highlights and fun things about Benson that I don't want to forget.
Diapers: size 5
Clothes: 18-24 months
Shoes: 5
Likes: tubby time, Curious George, trucks, trains, balls, music, folding his arms for prayers, books
Dislikes: getting his ears cleaned, getting his fingernails clipped, when we can't figure out what he wants but he clearly knows what he wants
Words: please, mom, dad, truck, duck, wow, uh-huh, ball, what's that, cheese, choo-choo, car, vroom-vroom
Animal noises: dog, cow, horse, monkey, bear
Favorite foods: yogurt, eggs, veggie straws, anything you can dip, all fruit. Lately we have been going through a bit of a food funk with him. He is not eating many of the foods he used to (like cheese and beans), but he is slowly doing better. I had to bring back some baby food jars just so I felt like he was getting some nutrition and veggies. I nursed him until he was 14 months old. It was way harder for me to wean him than it was for him. He loves his milk and won't take his sippy out of his mouth until the milk is gone.
Sleep: We dropped his second nap when he was 16 months old. He was a dream sleeper up until then and his one nap a day has been hit and miss. Sometimes he sleeps for 3 hours and sometimes only 1.5 hours. I never know. And we have been struggling with sleeping through the night again. He is usually good, but again some weird funk he is in right now has thrown it all off.
Teeth: molars, canines, top and bottom four. We are still waiting for one more bottom canine to pop through. I can see it so hopefully soon.

I am sure there is so much more I can add, but that is a good list so far. He has become our little buddy and I sure love having him around me all day. 18 month old stats coming soon! Doctors appt later this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment