Wednesday, October 30, 2013

tried and true.

Tonight I made curry. I have never made such a thing nor did I think I would like it. But it was good. Matt gave it a 4.5. He would have given it a 5, but he said to make it a 5 he would want some naan bread to go with it. Next time. I thought it was good too. The color of the curry creeped me out a bit, but the flavor was good.

Curry Chicken

2 chicken breasts, diced
2 medium potatoes, diced
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup chicken broth
4 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. curry powder
salt and pepper

Place chicken, potatoes, and carrots in crock pot. Add all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours.
Serve over hot rice.


MY NOTES: Obviously this is a crock pot meal which means super easy. You will want your chicken thawed out before you put it in because you need to cut it in chunks. I didn't even bother measuring anything out, just poured in. Also forget the time recommendations on the recipe. I think I have a mega cooker of a crock because my food always cooks so fast. I switched back and forth between high and low and it was done in like 2 - 2 1/2 hours. It sat on warm and off for like 2 hours before it was time to eat.

1 comment:

  1. First pho and now curry! Matt's showing you all the foods you wouldn't try at home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete